2019 CIT (Crisis Intervention Team) International Conference & NAMI Scholarships (Scholarship Applications Due June 10, 2019)
The CIT International Conference brings together law enforcement, mental health providers, advocacy groups and others committed to building and enhancing CIT programs in their community. This three-day conference offers over 90 workshops on implementing and sustaining a CIT program; CIT in urban, rural, and frontier communities; creating partnerships to serve children, adolescents and adults; jail and prison diversion; crisis response system solutions; and much more.
NAMI's Scholarship Opportunity
NAMI will grant multiple scholarships to attend this conference. Recipients traveling from outside the region will receive an award for the cost of the conference registration and $1,000 to be put toward travel and hotel. Recipients who are from the region (from areas that do not require air travel, such as Washington or Oregon) will receive an award for the cost of the conference registration and $500 to put toward travel and hotel. Scholarship funds will be dispersed to the endorsing NAMI State Organization or NAMI Affiliate, who will then distribute the funds to the scholarship recipient.
Those who receive scholarships will be required to:
Attend the 2019 CIT International Conference;
- Commit three (3) hours of their time at the conference to be available at the NAMI booth in the exhibit hall;
- Attend the special NAMI-focused reception at the conference; and
- Commit to participating in a call with NAMI staff to share their conference experience and discuss how NAMI can strategically engage around CIT in the future.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be:
- Members of NAMI;
- Involved in their local CIT program OR working to create a CIT program in their community; and
- Endorsed by the executive director or board president of their NAMI State Organization or NAMI Affiliate.
- Member Registration: $395
- Nonmember Registration: $500
- Presenter Registration: $350
- One Day Rate: $250/$200
8/26/2019 - 8/28/2019