2019 National Threat Assessment Conference for Educational Institutions
The Virginia Center for School and Campus Safety and the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), in partnership with the Maryland Center for School Safety and the U.S. Department of Education, will present the 2019 National Threat Assessment Conference for Educational Institutions.
This conference is highly recommended for national and state leaders, school superintendents, school administrators, school mental health professionals, teachers, counselors, higher education personnel, and school/campus law enforcement officers. Both K-12 school personnel and higher education professionals are encouraged to attend.
State and national experts will present the many facets of threat assessment in schools, colleges, and universities. Topics will include:
- Current Best Practices in Threat Assessment and Use in Educational Institutions: Overview of Case Summaries from 2008-2017;
- Digital Threat Assessment: Analyzing Threats in Today’s Online World;
- State Implementation: The Path Virginia and Maryland Took and Why;
- The Shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School – Parkland, FL: An Overview of the Findings of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Public Safety Commission (MSDPSC);
- Threat Assessment and the Law: Importance of Sharing Information between K12 and Higher Ed/Community; and
- Community Behavioral Threat Assessment Teams: Why They are Needed for Effective School and Campus Teams.
11/4/2019 - 11/6/2019
Richmond Marriott Downtown Richmond, Virginia