Customized Employment Webcourse (Virginia Commonwealth University, VCU)
Customized employment is a process for individualizing the employment relationship between a job seeker and an employer in ways that meet the needs of both. It is based on a match between the unique strengths, needs, and interests of the job candidate with a disability, and the identified business needs of the employer or the self-employment business chosen by the candidate.
After taking this course, a participant will be able to:
- Describe the principles that illustrate organizational commitment to customized employment.
- Describe the role of a personal representative.
- Explain the discovery process and why it is the foundation of job development.
- Discuss ways to learn about businesses' employment needs.
- Describe ways to create a job to meet a person's ideal conditions of employment and benefit the workplace.
- Discuss possible ways to negotiate a job.
6/5/2017 - 7/3/2017