Winter 2019 Online 24/7 Community of Practice (CoP) on Literacy for Students Who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing 101! (Registration closes when filled or not later than Friday Feb. 15, 2019)
Where: (Google Classroom)
Using the Literacy Instruction for Students Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing webinar series produced in 2016 by the Center on Literacy and Deafness (CLAD) through a Google Classroom, you may access 8 webinars and complete short answer assignments for each, posting some of your work as directed for online discussion with fellow Virginia TODHH. There are also supplemental handouts and/or articles for each presentation to download for your professional use. (CLAD webinars are captioned through YouTube.)
This VA TODHH CoP is worth up to 10 professional contact hours. Complete a minimum of 3 assignments (5 contact hours) or more for up to 10 full contact hours and receive a certificate of completion that may be applied toward recertification.
Dates: The VA TODHH CoP Literacy-DHH 101 will be available beginning February 1 through March 29, 2019.
The 8 topics for this CoP are:
- Overview: Literacy with DHH Students
- The Simple View of Reading-Informing Practice with DHH Students
- Individualized Intervention
- Fingerspelling and Interventions for Early Reading
- Foundations for Literacy: An Early Literacy Intervention
- Reading Fluency in DHH Students
- Vocabulary Intervention for DHH Students
- Syntax and Literacy for DHH Students
Registration Deadline: Registration is limited to 50 teacher participants. Registration will close when capacity is reached or no later than Friday, February 15, 2019.
2/1/2019 - 3/29/2019