10 Things You Should Know About Behavior and Brain Injury
This is a handout from the Brain Injury Association of Virginia.
- Behavior has a neuro-anatomical basis..
- Behavioral characteristics of persons with brain injury may include..
- Thinking difficulties can lead to behavioral issues when someone..
- Some things are often mislabeled as inappropriate behavior..
- Behavior is communication; what is the person trying to communicate?..
- Types of communication difficulties persons with brain injury may have include..
- Common pitfalls when communicating with someone who has a brain injury are..
- Actions that can be taken to help the situation include..
- De-escalation strategies..
- Some things to remember..