Individualized Education Program (IEP) Guide (Autism Speaks)
Individualized Education Program (IEP): Summary, Process and Practical Tips from Goodwin Procter LLP
After months of research, a team of lawyers at Goodwin Procter LLP has generously put together a helpful guide to help families understand the IEP process as their loved ones head back to school: Individualized Education Program (IEP): Summary, Process and Practical Tips. This guide contains an IEP timeline and clearly lays out the steps to take throughout the IEP process. Questions answered include:
- What are the basic requirements for an IEP?
- What is the timeline for developing an IEP for my child?
- How can I be an effective participant in developing and managing my child's IEP?
- What are the things I should consider in developing my child's IEP?
- What can I do if I disagree with the IEP developed for my child?