PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT GUIDANCE 2020 (CONTINUITY FOR LEARNING, C4L), Virginia Department of Education, VDOE)
The C4L Professional Development Guidance document is divided into six categories to assist school division and school level administrative staff in focusing efforts when creating professional development. The intent of including the information in the sections below is to ensure aspects of the daily operations of schools are not overlooked as division personnel tackle the multiple facets of pulling resources together for professional learning. The following sections are a high level overview that leadership may wish to consider.
THIS DOCUMENT HELPS TO BRING ATENTION TO THE FOLLOWING CONSIDERATIONS
- What operational and logistic considerations are necessary to support professional learning opportunities?
- What is in place to support the physical, social, and emotional needs of students, families, and community?
- How will programs need to be adjusted to continue meeting staff, student, and community needs?
- How will instructional gaps be addressed to ensure learners of all abilities are being served equitably?
- What will instruction and evaluation of learning look like in the form of classroom, school, and division assessments?
- What outreach will need to occur to meet varying stakeholder groups?
Professional Development-FINAL FIXED.pdf