Activity: What is an Ocean Ecosystem?
Monday, March 16, 2015
Time: One 45 min. class session
- Copies of student worksheet Ocean Life
- Post-it notes
- Chart paper
- What type of organisms live in the ocean?
- Why is it important to study ocean ecosystems?
- How do energy resources affect ocean life?
- Guiding Questions to ask during this part of the activity: What did you learn from watching the video? How does learning about ocean ecosystems help us minimize the impact of the energy resources?
- Students complete corresponding Ocean Life worksheet
- Interactive My Ocean game from National Geographic
- Guiding Questions to ask during this part of the activity: What did you observe from this activity about ocean life? What were your findings? What new things did you learn about marine organisms?
- Discourse- How did what we learn from the video help us to better understand how to minimize the energy impact on the ocean environment?
- Give modified worksheet with fill-ins
- Students can partner with an English speaking student to help with the computer activity
|Check for Understanding: Students completion of video worksheet and responses during discourse.
by Science Generalist
at 3:09 PM
in Activity, Elementary, Life Science