Note: This activity follows up: Activity: Intro to Mixtures and Solutions Part I and Activity: Intro to Mixtures and Solutions Part II
|Time: 20 mins
- Material 1 - journals
- Material 2 - pencils
- Material 3 - mixture and solution samples for previous lesson
- Material 5 – camera
- Question 1 - How have the mixtures and solutions changed?
- Question 2 - What caused those changes?
- Plans for part 1 of activity:
- Students will photograph and record observations of the samples in their journal.
- Students will talk about the thinks that changed and why with their small groups and write predictions in their journals.
- Students will share predictions with the whole group.
- Guiding Questions to ask during this part of the activity:
- What has changed and why?
- Anticipated Student Responses to guiding questions:
- Strategy 1 – small group work
- Strategy 2 – technology used to aid in the collection of observations
- Modification 1 – steps for collecting observations displayed in 1, 2, 3 order
- Modification 2 – visual representations used with instructions
|Check for Understanding The students will be assessed through the data they collect in their journals and what they share with the class.
Created by: Ms. Felice, Ms. Von Bank and Ms. Winning.