Webinar: Pathways to Nature-Based Play: There Is One for You!
Nature-Based Play is all the rage these days. The list of documented benefits that can accrue to children, teachers, families, programs, and from having myriad engaging outdoor experiences is growing longer as this trend spreads into the educational mainstream.
If you want to explore where you might fit in this movement and consider myriad ways to expand the role it plays in your program, join us to find just the right pathway for you to nature-based play.
This webinar will explore ways to jump right into nature-based play, wherever you might want to begin by enhancing early childhood teacher’ ability introduce children to nature-based play both indoors and out.
Participants in this session will:
- Investigate the many roles of the teacher in nature-based play that will help you find ways to get started right away. You’ll get to select the one you think is a perfect match for you to try out!
- Discover ways to build community among teachers and to problem solve around challenges that might emerge when expanding nature-based play.
- Discover strategies to communicate with families about risks and worries.
- Explore examples of child-directed learning ACTIVITIES in nature that plant the seeds to nurture nature throughout childhood.
- Explore the many connections between early childhood development and nature-based play before considering what it has to offer to curriculum.
10/24/2019 2:00 PM - 10/24/2019 3:30 PM