Ensuring School Success for Students with ADHD: How New Federal Guidance Impacts Your Child (Northern Virginia)
Did you know that many students diagnosed with an attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD and ADD) have rights under Federal laws? If you are a parent or caregiver of a student in public elementary or secondary school, or a student in college, you need to know the federal laws that protect students from discrimination and give guidance on determining if a student has a disability and needs supports and services. We will provide clarification on eligibility, interventions and accommodations available in public schools, including college.
You will learn about:
- Three Federal Laws Impacting Students with ADHD
- New Resource Guides on Students with ADHD and Section 504
- When must a school system evaluate a student with ADHD for a possible disability?
- Who is eligible, under the laws, for services, interventions, modifications and accommodations?
- Which is better for the student- an IEP or a 504 Plan?
- Will a child be eligible if they receive medications or outside tutoring?
11/9/2017 6:30 PM - 11/9/2017 8:00 PM
Mason Enterprise Center 4031 University Drive #100 Fairfax, VA 22030