Considering Universal Design Across the Transition Assessment Process
Kathe Wittig, M.Ed., Program Specialist - Secondary Transition & Fran Smith, Ed.D. CVE, Coordinator of Technology and Distance Learning - T/TAC @ VCU (Resources updated by Clare Talbert- January 2017)
When considering transition assessment, practitioners should take into account each student's support needs. It is helpful to use the tenets of universal design for learning with students who have disabilities. Infusing assistive and instructional technologies into this process will be covered in this webshop.
- Why consider universal design for learning (UDL)?
- How will you use UDL?
- The Principles of Universal Design for Learning and Assessment
- A National Position on UDL and Transition/ Career Assessment
- Using assistive techology in a transition assessment
- Other resources and considerations
- Suggested Resources