Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance Center
What do we do?
We support schools, school districts, and institutions of higher education, with their community partners, in the development of high-quality emergency operations plans (EOPs) and comprehensive emergency management planning efforts. Established in October 2004 and administered by the U.S. Department of Education’s (ED) Office of Safe and Healthy Students (OSHS), the REMS TA Center provides a hub of information, resources, training, and services in the field of school and higher ed emergency operations planning.
Who do we serve?
- Schools, school districts, and local education agencies (including K-12, public, non-public, and private);
- Institutions of higher education (including community colleges, universities, and technical schools);
- State education agencies;
- Community partners (e.g., law enforcement, public safety, health and mental health agencies);
- Current or former grantees (e.g., ERCM, REMS, EMHE);
- Other stakeholders in K-12 or IHE emergency management (e.g., families, non-profit organizations).