Fostering Healthy Social and Emotional Relationships in Young Children Toolkit
The U.S. Departments of Education and Health and Human Services joined with Too Small to Fail to release a Fostering Healthy Social and Emotional Development in Young Children Toolkit on social and emotional development. All of the resources feature examples of simple actions to take, some of which caregivers might be doing already, such as maintaining consistent routines for young children.
This set of resources on healthy social and emotional development includes:
- A tip sheet for parents and families of infants, toddlers, and preschoolers
- A tip sheet for infant, toddler, and preschool providers and educators
- A milestones chart with key information on social and emotional development from birth to age 5
- A fact sheet on the research behind social and emotional development in early childhood and lifelong outcomes
- A “Let’s Talk About Feelings” poster
Every day, families and educators have opportunities to nurture children’s social and emotional, development through everyday interactions and easy-to-implement activities, such as those provided in the Toolkit. If we all provide supports for our children early in life, they will have the foundation needed to benefit for a lifetime.