Expanding Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Supports and Services: A Planning Tool for States and Communities
The ZERO TO THREE Policy Center is also delighted to announce the release of a new planning tool, Expanding Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Supports and Services: A Planning Tool for States and Communities. This new resource provides a set of questions that can help to:
- inform and organize cross-system, multi-sector planning efforts;
- inventory existing resources, policies, and programs;
- identify gaps and missing linkages; and
- align policy with best practice.
This action-oriented tool guides you through data collection and analysis across six areas of consideration:
- Robust Access to a Continuum of Supports and Services (Promotion, Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
- Strong Workforce Capacity and Professional Development
- Embedding IECMH Across Child-Serving Systems
- Comprehensive System-Wide Planning and Infrastructure
- Properly Financed System
- Effective Messaging That Builds Public and Political Will
The planning tool is available on the ZERO TO THREE website at www.zerotothree.org/IECMHPlanningTool.