Webinar: Dyslexic Advantage? How New Approaches and Tools are Unlocking Potential (Don Johnson)
If you work with students who have reading challenges, you probably deal with dyslexia every day. You see students:
- Struggling with fluency, decoding, and comprehension
- Falling behind in content-area classes
- Relying on aides and teachers for reading tasks
- Bottom line—you see students with a ton of potential, but reading is holding them back.
What can you do about it?
No one can speak to a path to success better than Ptahra Jeppe, a dyslexic reading at a 4th grade level, who ended up graduating from law school with honors (and passed the bar exam!), and Mark Surabian, ATP, founder of AThelp.org. They’ll share powerful approaches and a toolkit to unlock potential in students with dyslexia by:
- Identifying students with dyslexia and assessing their needs
- Understanding the firsthand experience of dyslexia and strategies that work
- Creating an accessible learning environment—including tools for dyslexia (that helped Ptahra)
Get inspired! Come and learn from these amazing two people and see what can make a real difference for your students.
Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance and Participant Resource Folder with extensive resources on apps, extensions, tools and technologies to add to your Dyslexia Toolkit!
9/28/2021 1:00 PM - 9/28/2021