Phonemic Awareness: A powerful predictor of reading success
Laura Beller, M.Ed. Region 2 & 3 TTAC at Old Dominion University (Updated August 2017)
This webshop is designed to allow you to become familiar with phonemic awareness development, assessement and instruction. The guiding questions addressed in this Webshop are: What is Phonemic Awareness? Why is phonemic awareness importantant? How can phonemic awareness be assessed? What kinds of phonemic awareness instruction will have the greatest impact on my student’s learning to read?
- What is Phonemic Awareness?
- A Variety of Phonemic Awareness Activities: Part One
- A Variety of Phonemic Awareness Activities: Part Two
- Phonemic Awareness Instruction: Time On Task
- Teaching Phonemes Along with Letters Contributes to Reading Success
- Instructional Considerations
- Students Differ in Phonemic Awareness: Phonemic Awareness Assessment Tools
- Shared Reading and Engaging Literature Promote Phonemic Awareness
- Phonemic Awareness for Struggling Readers
- Phonemic Resources and References