Cultivating Practices to Support Language Learner Success eWorkshop (2019-2020 School Year) (Virginia Department of Education, VDOE)
English Learners (ELs) are a growing segment of the student population for many divisions across the Commonwealth. To provide support for schools to serve the needs of this group, the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) is offering online Train-the-Trainers modules through WIDA at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. This eWorkshop is designed for principals, coaches, and teacher-leaders. It includes pre-recorded modules and all materials needed for eight months (16 sessions). These sessions are intended to provide schoolwide, grade-level, and/or content team professional learning focused on cultivating instructional practices to support English Learner Success within content classes.
This eWorkshop is designed to support facilitators in leading a committed group of educators through 16 one-hour sessions. The sessions are designed to support educators in using instructional practices that advance English language development and academic achievement through the WIDA English Language Development Standards and the Can Do Philosophy.
This eWorkshop Includes:
- A Facilitator Guide, which includes a detailed script and annotated handouts
- Supporting documents and handouts for participants
- PowerPoint slides for 16 one-hour sessions over eight months
- One-two hours to attend or view WIDA webinar
- One-two hours to prepare your professional learning session
- Two hours to facilitate your professional learning sessions in your school or district