Online Modules: Understanding the Regulations Governing the Use of Restraint and Seclusion in Elementary and Secondary Schools in Virginia (2020)
The Virginia Department of Education's Office of Dispute Resolution and Administrative Services presents series of modules to inform Virginia school personnel on the Regulations Governing the Use of Seclusion and Restraint in Public Elementary and Secondary Schools in Virginia. The modules should be completed in order and followed by a cumulative quiz that will earn the participant a certificate of completion. The tabs contain the links for Modules 1-5, followed by the cumulative quiz.
- Module 1: A General Overview of Restraint and Seclusion
- Module 2: Policies and Procedures
- Module 3: Safe and Supportive School Environments
- Module 4: Conflict Resolution and De-Escalation
- Module 5: Preventing the Use of Restraint and Seclusion and Returning the Student to the Learning Environment After Restraint or Seclusion
- Cumulative Quiz