Webinar: Inclusive ECE Classrooms and The Project Approach, by Sallee Beneke and Michaelene Ostrosky
Teachers often see products of the Project Approach, and wish they knew how to implement it. Some teachers may believe they cannot use the Project Approach, because they serve students with disabilities, while other professionals are unsure of how to get started. In this webinar, Project Approach and Special Education experts Drs. Sallee Beneke and Michaelene Ostrosky, will share insights into the potential of the Project Approach to support young learners in inclusive classrooms. They will review strategies and share examples and resources for meeting the educational needs of young children with diverse abilities through the Project Approach. Webinar participants will view and analyze video examples of practitioners embedding the Project Approach in inclusive settings, and they will learn about an Implementation Checklist and Guide intended to support practitioner implementation of the Project Approach.
- Identify the phases and key features of a project.
- Distinguish between a project and a thematic approach to teaching.
- Evaluate the potential of the Project Approach to support the learning of children with a variety of strengths and needs.
- Analyze the teacher’s role in project work using video examples of teacher-child interactions in diverse early childhood classrooms.
- Review resources that support implementation of the Project Approach.
2/20/2019 2:00 PM - 2/20/2019 3:30 PM