- Following directions
- Students with physical and cognitive disabilities
- Students with sensory disabilities
- Mathematics: Strategies for Teaching Limited English Proficient (LEP) Students (2004)
Assessment is the process through which instructional staff determine how much and how well students have learned. Assessment accommodations allow students to demonstrate knowledge and skills without compromising the information being evaluated. They include assessment practices such as extending time limits, giving oral instead of written tests, and providing a distraction-free environment.
- Assessment Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Considerations: Reasonable and Effective Accommodations - Download this comprehensive overview of assessment accommodations.
- Limited English Proficient Students: Guidelines for Participation in the Virginia Assessment Program (2014)