Webinar: The Director’s Digital Dilemma: Using Documentation Technology in Early Childhood Programs
Finally! There’s research on online documentation technology systems and their impact on classroom practice and family engagement and communication. Presenter Mary Elizabeth Picher, MA, MEd, PhD, will reveal the exciting results of her study on the use of digital documentation technology in Ontario’s Kindergarten Program. Dr. Picher will reveal surprising answers to the biggest questions administrators have about online systems that support teachers’ use of pedagogical documentation. This fascinating webinar will offer insights that will dispel common misconceptions about how online documentation impacts:
- Information security,
- face-to-face communication with families,
- children’s learning and development,
- teachers’ workload,
- authentic family engagement with documentation, and
- equitable access.
Join this intriguing session to:
- Identify the common misconceptions and fears that educators, administrators and parents have about using digital documentation technology in the classroom.
- Become familiar with key findings from a research study on the use of digital documentation technology in Ontario’s Kindergarten Program that dispel these misconceptions and fears.
- Use the research findings to help staff in your program become more comfortable using digital documentation technology in the classroom and the administrators’ office.
9/18/2019 2:00 PM - 9/18/2019 3:30 PM