K-12 Threat Assessment Webinar (Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services)
The Virginia Center for School and Campus Safety (VCSCS) is hosting a two part K-12 Threat Assessment Webinar with a focus on:
- an overview of the process and best practices in Virginia, and
- the process once a threat is identified.
Who should attend?
This online training is being offered to K-12 threat assessment team members and others who assist with behavioral threat assessments.
Participants will receive instructions for joining the webinar via email.
Topics to be addressed
Both segments of the Webinar will take place online on August 26, 2019. Part I will take place from 10:00 am - 11:00 am and Part II will take place from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm (Part II).
The first portion of the webinar (Part I) is designed to provide participants with an overview of the process and background for behavioral threat assessment in Virginia. Specific topics covered in this one hour segment include:
- Understanding the “Why” behind threat assessment
- Background and Legislation Requirements
- Building Blocks for a Successful Threat Assessment Program
- What the Data Says About VA School Climate and Threat Assessment
- Strong Law Enforcement and School Partnerships and the Role of the SRO on the Threat Assessment Team
- Building a Multi-disciplinary Team
The second portion (Part II) is designed to provide course material and supplemental resources to be able to conduct threat assessments in a K-12 threat assessment setting. Specific topics covered in this one hour segment include:
- Putting the Process into Action
- Conducting a Threat Assessment
- Importance of Reporting
- Key Questions
- Case Study Analysis
- Assessing and Classifying a Threat
- Record Keeping and Case Management
8/26/2019 10:00 AM - 8/26/2019 11:00 AM,
8/26/2019 1:00 PM - 8/26/2019 2:00 PM