Webinar- Including Students on the Spectrum: 5 Powerful Strategies
Presented by Paula Kluth, Ph.D., Author of “You’re Going to Love This Kid!”
Sponsored by Brookes Publishing
Are you a general educator new to teaching students on the spectrum? Or a special educator who is seeking ways to create better inclusive experiences for students? Or possibly a speech therapist or occupational therapist who is increasingly providing push-in services in K–12 classroom? If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, this edWebinar is for you. The teacher-tested ideas featured in this presentation are easy to implement, appropriate for all ages, and can be used to plan lessons and provide practice for social and communication skills.
Participants will learn:
- Ideas that work for the inclusive classroom (and often work just as well for students without disabilities)
- Powerful, student-centered strategies and relevant research
- Tools (e.g., checklists, forms) that can be used to implement the strategies
- How to access a handful of free virtual resources to use and share with others
- Ways to use these strategies with collaborative partners and teach colleagues about them
This workshop is for all skill levels and will be of interest to K-12 teachers, librarians, and occupational and speech therapists. If you are a novice, tune in to explore strategies you can return to again and again. If you are a veteran, join the edWebinar to learn about collaborating and getting others to try something new in the classroom! There will be time for questions at the end of the presentation.
2/19/2019 3:00 PM - 2/19/2019 4:00 PM