Professional Development on Life After High School: Navigating Education, Career, and Debt (James Madison University)
The Virginia Department of Education is pleased to announce professional development opportunities to assist middle and high school teachers and counselors help students prepare for and make informed decisions around education, career, and debt. They are provided, at no charge, by the Virginia Council on Economic Education (VCEE) and affiliated university-based centers for economic education with financial support from the Fund for Teaching Excellence and State Farm.
The workshops and a list of resources (Attachment A) will assist teachers to help their students make informed decisions around:
- decision-making skills: setting goals and making choices. Using decision-making models to weigh the costs and benefits and tradeoffs around choices;
- investing in yourself;
- choosing a path post graduation: college, another education avenue, or career;
- choosing a college and a major;
- paying for higher education–loans, grants, and scholarships–what to consider and how to apply;
- managing money; and controlling debt.
2/8/2017 3:45 PM - 2/8/2017 4:45 PM
Rockingham County School Board Office 100 Mount Clinton Pike Harrisonburg, VA 22802