Augmenting Mathematics and Special Educator Teams (AMSET) VDOE Grant Funded (Content Teaching Academy @ James Madison University)
The AMSET academy is designed for mathematics and special educator co-teaching teams working together to enhance student outcomes, especially for students with disabilities. The academy will focus on:
- improving teacher content knowledge with foundational and current math research;
- expanding teachers understanding of effective special education pedagogy and specially designed instruction in mathematics;
- enhancing practical experiences with high-quality teaching resources teachers can integrate into their lesson plans;
- improving collaboration and co-teaching strategies in the mathematics classroom; and
- implementing effective teaching practice promoted by the National Council for Teachers of Mathematics through the lens of the 2016 Mathematics Standards of Learning.
The Virginia Department of Education will assume the cost of registration, on-campus DOUBLE lodging, and meals for the team. Upon successful completion of this academy a $200 stipend will be provided. Certificates of Participation will be provided to all participants with perfect attendance.
The 2019 Content Teaching Academy sessions begin at 8:30 Wednesday, June 26 and conclude Thursday, June 27 at 5:00.The daily schedule is set up much like a high school 4×4 block schedule, with two 1.5 hour sessions in the morning and two 1.5 hour sessions in the afternoon. Breaks with snacks and beverages are provided between sessions in both the mornings and afternoons.
6/26/2019 8:30 AM - 6/27/2019 5:00 PM
James Madison University Harrisonburg, VA 22807