11th Annual I'm Determined Youth and Parent Summit (James Madison University) The Deadline for application submission is 5:00 pm on March 9th, 2017.
The Virginia Department of Education’s I’m Determined project, in conjunction with the Partnership for People with Disabilities, invites applications for sponsorship to the 11th Annual I’m Determined Youth and Parent Summit at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia.
Youth with disabilities from across the Commonwealth will meet to identify ways to become better advocates and lead more self-determined lives. The selected individuals and a parent/guardian will receive paid registration, dormitory accommodations, travel expenses and meals for the three-day event. A concurrent Parent Summit for the selected participant’s parent/guardian will be held at the university. Parent attendance is based on their child applying and being accepted to the summit. Parents do not complete an application.
More detailed information regarding the Youth and Parent Summit will be provided upon acceptance of the youth.
- We will accept 120 qualified applicants
- Deadline for application submission is 5:00 pm on March 9th, 2017.
- Deadline for reference submission is 5:00 pm on March 12th, 2017. **Please note that there is little turn-around time between the application due date and the reference due date. Please apply early to give your reference enough time to complete their part!
- NO ACCEPTANCE LETTER WILL BE MAILED.
- Accepted youth and/or youth’s parent will be notified by email no later than March 31st. (Please do not use a teacher's email for the applicant's email)
- Participants should be prepared for walking and movement activities during the Summit.
6/14/2017 - 6/16/2017
James Madison University Harrisonburg, VA 22807