Opening Doors to Employment (2013)
This handbook is designed as a guide to help students with disabilities take another step in preparing for “life after high school.” The activities in this handbook should be completed with your parent/guardian, teacher, or school counselor.
While high school is an exciting time, what you do after high school can be just as exciting with some careful and thoughtful planning. In order to carefully plan for what will happen after you graduate, you will need to:
- Know your interests.
- Know your strengths.
- Know the areas you need to work on.
- Know the things that work for you and the things that do not work
- Know what kinds of support you might need and who could
provide that support.
- Try different types of jobs that might lead to a career.
- Find out what knowledge and skills are needed for careers you are