2019 PEATC Parent and Youth Empowerment Summit (This event is for Virginia residents only!!)
PEATC views this Summit as an opportunity to provide youth with disabilities (ages 12-22) and their parents the opportunity to gather valuable information from presentations and exhibitors, to network and to connect with other families. Youth and parents should leave the PYE Summit feeling empowered by the experience.
The goals of the Summit are to increase parents' capacity to help their children with disabilities improve their secondary school learning and post-secondary outcomes and to increase the capacity of youth to be effective self-advocates.
The Summit will consist of break-out sessions with concurrent Parent and Self-Advocate (ages 12-22) tracks.
$119 Registration fee includes:
- Summit admission for youth self-advocates (ages 12-22) and parents/guardians (at least one adult is required to attend the Summit)
- Breakfast and lunch for registered attendees of the Summit (families have an option to pay for meal vouchers for family members that are not attending the Summit).
- 4 water park passes and one-night hotel accommodation (Friday, September 13th).
** Refunds will ONLY be issued to those who are not accepted to be participants by PEATC. Cancellations by registrants after they have received a confirmation will NOT result in refunds. **
- Registration: Friday, 4:00pm - 7:00pm & Saturday, 7:00am - 8:00am
- Breakfast: Saturday, 7:30am
- Summit Kick-Off: Saturday, 8:30am
- Closing Remarks: Saturday, 1:30pm
9/14/2019 8:00 AM - 9/14/2019 1:30 PM
Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg, VA