Webinar: “Just in Time Resources for Families and Providers” presented by Diane Behl, Janet DesGeorges and Sara Doutre
The National Center for Hearing Assessment and Management (NCHAM), in collaboration with the NCHAM Family Advisory Committee, would like to share a new tool to help inform families and providers. The purpose of the “Just in Time” tool is to provide a resource for those who come in contact with families of children who are DHH that are looking for resources to meet the child’s needs as well as to provide some important family-to-family support.
This tool is useful for:
* Broad-based family-led organizations such as Family-to-Family Health Information Centers, Parent Training and Information Centers, and Parent-to-Parent USA to ensure families who contact them also get connected to resources that are specifically designed for meeting DHH-related needs.
* DHH-specific organizations, such as Hands & Voices, National Cued Speech Association, American Society for Deaf Children and AG Bell to share important resources pertaining to all families of children with special needs that can help with educational, financial, and legal issues.
* EHDI and Early intervention programs at the state and local levels who need an easy-to-share resource for families of infants and toddlers that can help provide support to meet their unique needs.
* Health care providers - especially primary care providers and audiologists - who are often the first to get requests for information from families of newly-identified children who are DHH.
* Sites designed to provide introductory information for families – such as EHDI-PALS, BabyHearing.org, and CDC – to post on their websites to educate families about other state and national resources.
Where: Adobe Connect- to register click https://usu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9tdS5LkuAkP8fgF
- This webinar will be recorded and posted online at www.infanthearing.org approximately one week following the presentation.
- There are no CEU’s offered for the webinar.
- Live captioning will also be provided; a link will be available for captioning upon logging into the webinar
- If you have questions about this webinar, please contact Mandy McClellan.
- For technical assistance during the webinar, please contact Daniel Ladner.
12/5/2018 2:00 PM - 12/5/2018 3:00 PM