The Team Meeting Process
(Edited by Clare Talbert, January 2017)
When schools work to effect change, the work often falls on the shoulders of a team. Team members need to make sure that their limited meeting time is used effectively, and that there is a process for making certain that tasks are completed. A structured team meeting process offers a way to make meetings more productive.
- Why Have a Structured Team Meeting Process?
- What are the Steps in the Team Meeting Process?
- Step 1: Assign roles
- Step 2: Assign times
- Step 3: Celebrate
- Step 4: Review past meeting notes
- Step 5: List issues
- Step 6: Prioritize issues
- Step 7: Brainstorm solutions for each issue
- Step 8: Reach consensus
- Step 9: Record (Who, What, When)
- Step 10: List issues for carryover
- Step 11: List date, time, and location of next meeting
- Step 12: Assign a member to distribute notes
- What have we learned?