A Few Good Words: Using Core Vocabulary To Support Nonverbal Students- Updated July 2020!
This webshop was originally created in 2007 to help teachers, therapists, paraprofessionals and parents better serve the communication needs of non-verbal students through the use of core vocabulary. After all these years, much has changed including that little revolution in AAC popularly known as..... the iPad! Some things, however, have stayed the same: Core vocabulary continues to be an important guiding principle when creating or purchasing AAC systems, AND supplying communication supports for our non-verbal students remains a huge and complex challenge.
- Webshop Intro
- Our Guiding Principles - An Introduction: What We Learned the Hard Way
- Principle #1 People Matter
- Principle #2 Vocabulary Matters-An Introduction to Core
- Principle #2 Vocabulary Matters: What is core vocabulary?
- Principle #2 Vocabulary Matters: What can you say with Core?
- Principle #2 Vocabulary Matters - What have you said today?
- Principle #2 Vocabulary Matters: The Core Mindset
- Principle #2 Vocabulary Matters: Fringe With That?
- Principle #2 Vocabulary Matters: Core vs Not-So-Core
- Principle #2 Vocabulary Matters - Cookie Crumbs
- Principle #2 Vocabulary Matters - "Why Core?"
- Principle #3 - Display Matters - Intro
- Principle #3-Display Matters-Single Page Design
- Principle #3 Display Matters - Iconicity for Dummies
- Principle #3 - Display Matters - Iconicity Field Trip!
- Principle #3 Display Matters: Motor Planning
- Putting It All Together - Introduction
- The Right Tool starts with the SETT Framework
- The Right Tool: AAC Access for All!
- Our Tool Kit - Low Tech Tools
- Putting it all Together -Low Tech Case Studies
- Our Tool Kit - Mid-Tech Tools
- Putting It All Together - MId-Tech Case Studies
- Our Tool Kit- High Tech Tools
- Putting it all Together - High Tech Case Studies
- Principle #4 Practice Matters
- Putting IT All Together- Last Thoughts