Recorded Webinar: Supporting Students with Complex Needs at Home-Guidance for Teachers and Parents (Don Johnston)
In just a matter of weeks, the fabric of your day—your teaching—has come unraveled.
Now you’re left wondering what to do for your class—for your students with complex needs—each of whom you know so well!
Now you’re wondering:
- How to help your students even when they’re away from school
- How to support parents to continue the work you started
- What resources will be helpful to parents
We hear you. We’re in this with you. One of the ways we’re helping is by offering a free Readtopia® Mini Unit to teachers and parents. The interest in these materials has been overwhelming, and the theme around Working Together is truly timely.
We want these resources to work in the best way possible for parents and educators in this challenging time. We asked Literacy Specialist Dr. Caroline Musselwhite to share how to get the most out of the materials. She’ll walk you step-by-step through the unit focusing on:
- Determining which of the 7 levels of graphic novel to use for a child
- Using videos to build background knowledge
- Unpacking scripted lessons guides
- How to do shared reading
- Tips for using AAC communication devices
- Alphabet activities (including Learning Letters, Phonics, and Word Study)
- Basic math activities
This is a great opportunity to get some direction from Dr. Musselwhite who is a renowned leader in literacy instruction and ACC for students with complex needs.
Download the unit Working Together before watching the recorded webinar and follow along. This unit provides four weeks of content—all accessible from a central website.