2022 Virginia Assistive Technology, Tools, and Strategies (VATTS): Consideration Guide and Resources (VDOE's Assistive Technology Network)
The 2022 Virginia Assistive Technology, Tools, and Strategies (VATTS) Resources will guide the IEP team through the consideration and documentation process. These resources replace the previous versions of the AT Consideration and Resource Guide.
- VATTS: Consideration and Assessment Guidance Document (PDF) - Guidance for school divisions in the consideration and assessment of AT, including planning and implementing those services for students with disabilities.
- VATTS: Consideration Guide (PDF) – Designed to organize data and facilitate the decision-making process for the consideration and assessment of AT, other technology tools, and strategies that may be required by the student.
- VATTS: Instructions and Definitions (PDF) - Provides instructions for completing the VATTS: Consideration Guide as well as definitions for many of the terms used within the document.
- VATTS: Resource Guide (PDF) - Provides instructional strategies, AT solutions, modifications, accommodations, and examples used to address areas of need identified through the AT consideration process to support student success. (A table version of this resource guide is attached below.)
- The attached VATTS: Interactive Consideration Guide is a fillable MS Word document version and must have macros enabled to function properly. The interactive features will work on Microsoft Word software on a Windows or Mac computer and will not work on Google Chromebooks, iPads or phones.
- If you opened this attached document and did not see the Welcome Message, you need to enable macros:
- Go to File\Options\Trust Center\Trust Center Settings and check Enable All Macros.
- Close and open this document again, you should see the Welcome Message, if not, you need to use the accessible fillable PDF version.
Note: An accessible fillable PDF version is also posted here and available on the VDOE's Assistive Technology webpage.
**Please share your feedback on the VATTS Consideration Guide and Resources by completing this survey. Thank you!