Virginia Family Network (VFM), Program of NAMI Virginia
Virginia Family Network is a statewide grassroots movement of families committed to providing opportunities that support, educate, and empower other families with children and youth with mental health needs towards balance and improved family functioning. Similarly, Youth MOVE Virginia (Motivating Others through Voices of Experience) is a statewide grassroots movement to provide youth an HOW CAN WE SUPPORT YOU?
• Helpline – 1-888-486-8264 - Toll free warmline for a compassionate listener and guidance on
where to turn locally for more resources.
• Facebook – Targeted, free, regularly generated information, tools and reminders to help parents balance the needs and challenges of supporting a child with mental health needs (Virginia Family Network), as well as hope and support for youth (Youth MOVE Virginia).
• Newsletter – free monthly email blast with targeted information, resources and events.
• Local NAMI Chapters – Local community groups of those impacted by mental health who work with Virginia Family Network and Youth MOVE Virginia to provide free local support groups, referrals and educational courses.
• Leadership Summit – Free annual one day conference geared at providing parents, primary caregivers, youth and young adults the opportunity to learn, connect and grow with their peers. Targeted content for each.
• Scholarships - Scholarship funding is available for educational and leadership development opportunities that assist youth, young adults and their parents in using their lived experience with mental illness to inform and transform the service system.
• NAMIWalks – Free annual kid friendly event that all parents, primary caregivers, youth and young adults are welcome to take part in and connect with others impacted by mental health, and working towards mental wellness.