CONNECT COURSE: Storybook conversations
This online self-paced and self-guided course is designed for professionals who work with and support young children and their families in a variety of learning environments and inclusive settings. This course will introduce you to dialogic reading and describe how it can be used to promote the language and literacy skills of young children.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe effective dialogic reading practices for use with young children in early care and education settings; and
- Use a decision-making process to help integrate various sources of evidence and determine whether dialogic reading will be beneficial for enhancing the language and literacy skills of young children in a particular context.
This is a 4-hour course worth .4 CEUs
Note: CEUs are approved by the Friday Center for Continuing Education at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. This course has also been approved for early childhood state training hours in the following states: Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Utah. Early intervention credits (i.e., 5 credits) have also been approved by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities.
Any computer with high-speed internet access
Highly recommended: complete the free 1-hour Foundations of Inclusion online course prior to taking this course.
- This course is designed for individual participants.
- Upon enrollment, each participant will have 90 days from the date of purchase to complete the course. During the 90 days, participants may log in to the course at any time to review and complete the requirements for the course.
- In order to receive your certificate of completion, or apply for CEUs (Continuing Education Units), you will need to:
- Complete the course content
- Participate in the online discussion
- Score at least 80% in the final knowledge assessment
- Complete an Action Plan
- Complete a course evaluation
- NOTICE: The registration fee ($30) for this course is NON-REFUNDABLE