Online Module- Collaborative Care: Developing and Implementing Plans of Safe Care for Substance Exposed Infants (Working with Families with Substance-Exposed Infants)
This module introduces family support professionals and other service providers to federal and state requirements for developing Plans of Safe Care for substance-exposed infants (SEI), trains them to work with mothers, families and other providers to create a POSC during and after pregnancy, and supports mothers and families in implementing the POSC.
- Understand Federal and State laws regarding Maternal Substance Use
- Identify service needs specific to this population of women
- Develop a comprehensive Plan of Safe Care (POSC) addressing mother's and infant's needs before, during and after pregnancy
- Name other agencies/referral sources that should be involved in creating POSC Treatment Team
- Understand how to implement POSC and recognize when it should be revised