Take Charge of Your Health: A Guide for Teenagers (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease) (December 2016)
As you get older, you’re able to start making your own decisions about a lot of things that matter most to you. You may choose your own clothes, music, and friends. You also may be ready to make decisions about your body and health.
Making healthy decisions about what you eat and drink, how active you are, and how much sleep you get is a great place to start. Here you’ll learn
- how your body works—how your body uses the food and drinks you consume and how being active may help your body "burn" calories
- how to choose healthy foods and drinks
- how to get moving and stay active
- how getting enough sleep is important to staying healthy
- how to ease into healthy habits and keep them up
- how to plan healthy meals and physical activities that fit your lifestyle
A Spanish version is available.